Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 29 Final Freeze

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 8:51 AM Mohan Boddu <mboddu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today, October 09th 2018, is an important day on the Fedora 29
> schedule [1], with significant cut-offs.
>
> Today we have the Final Freeze [2]. This means that only packages
> which fix accepted blocker or freeze exception bugs [3][4][5] will be
> marked as 'stable' and included in the Final composes. Other builds
> will remain in updates-testing until the Final release is approved, at
> which point the Final freeze is lifted and packages can move to the
> 'updates' repository, pending updates will be pushed before final
> release as zero day updates.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/29/Schedule
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Milestone_freezes
> [3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_blocker_bug_process
> [4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_freeze_exception_bug_process
> [5] https://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs/milestone/29/final/buglist
>
> Regards,
> Release Engineering

Am I the only one who's worried that the f29 buildroot is broken right
now, on the day of the final freeze?

It looks like unbound was updated with an soname bump yesterday. This
buildroot override for f29 is breaking a lot of things right now:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/overrides/unbound-1.8.1-1.fc29

This is the error: "nothing provides libunbound.so.2()(64bit) needed
by gnutls-dane-3.6.4-1.fc29.x86_64"

Maybe breaking changes shouldn't be submitted to f29 so late? I don't
see any approved freeze exception for it either, so either the update
should be pulled, or the appropriate paperwork for a freeze exception
has yet to be filed.

Fabio