Recent openQA test failures

Hey folks!

If anyone's looking at openQA results for their updates, you may have
noticed odd failures for several tests for updates submitted in the
last day or so.

It seems that all runs of tests that communicate with each other have
been failing on production openQA since the infra reboot that happened
recently, because a key openQA service did not come up properly when
the server was rebooted. All these failures are spurious and can be
safely ignored. I've just restarted the service in question and
rescheduled all the failed tests, but it will take some time for openQA
to chew through them all (we only have 14 workers, and these tests are
some of the slowest, unfortunately).

While I'm on the line, there are a couple of other cases where tests
are failing that I know about but haven't managed to look into in
detail yet.

One, the desktop_update_graphical test sometimes fails because, it
seems, GNOME Software / PackageKit fail to properly retrieve the
available updates and see the one that should be present (the test
tries to make sure an update is definitely available before hitting
GNOME Software's "refresh" button). This seems to be a "sometimes
works, sometimes fails" kinda thing, it fails about half the time on
F27 and F28, it seems to never fail this way on F29 (so I guess some
kinda bug got fixed there; there is probably a genuine bug in libdnf or
PackageKit or something causing this, and we should find that and fix
it, but it's not a bug in *your* update).

Two, the upgrade_realmd_client test seems to fail every time lately,
like this:

https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/288372#step/upgrade_run/19

it's failing while trying to upgrade the system, at a step where it
tries to install some packages, because the 'fedora-modular' repo
cannot be synchronized.

So, if you see any of the failures discussed here for your update, they
are not caused by your update and can be ignored. Sorry for the
inconvenience, and I'll try to improve the reliability of the two
problematic tests ASAP.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey