Re: F29 / Rawhide - Bogus ssh host key mismatch errors mentioning "rsa-sha2-256"

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 9:22 AM Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey folks! Just a heads up, if anyone on F29 or Rawhide finds that
suddenly ssh connections are failing, claiming the host key does not
match and asking for a 'rsa-sha2-256' key: a mysterious hero known only
as 'sedrubal' figured out that this is caused by a crypto-policies
update, this one -

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-854e0caf7b

you can get back to normal by downgrading back to this build:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1133273

(for both F29 and Rawhide). We've got enough negative karma on the
update now that it should be removed from updates-testing on the next
push, but some folks will have got the update already. I'll ask tmraz
if he can either fix it promptly or revert it temporarily, for Rawhide
users.

This may not be limited to F29... I noticed this on F28 several weeks ago and had to go in and remove entries from known_hosts...

Thanks,
Richard