Re: proposal: drop optical media from release criteria

On 9/20/18 5:45 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2018-09-20 at 16:10 -0400, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Consider cost please. DVDs are a few cents each. From what I've seen 16
Gb is the smallest thumb drive available now and they are fading fast.
Even in lot quantity they are between $6 an d $10 each.

I know they can be reused a few times before they start having retention
problems, but there is also the issue of loss.
USB sticks are also *rewriteable*.

I have a dozen or so each of 8GB and 16GB uSD cards for testing Fedora-armhfp.  They are a mess to organize.  I have tried to setup up index cards with 'slots' for the uSD cards that I can write in pencil what is current on that card.  This almost works.

Oh and the 4GB cards that only have a uboot on them...

If some has an effective way of organizing uSD cards or similar devices, I am interested.