Re: Forcibly resetting doesn't work anymore?

On 9/17/18 4:27 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
Resetting "forcibly" by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del more than seven times within two
seconds used to work. Now I only get a message about it, but nothing happens.

The reason I need to reset the machine like that is that simply choosing
the "Restart" option inside GNOME Shell runs into annoying systemd timeouts
while waiting for jobs, such as user manager. That takes much too long.

I wasn't aware that it ever worked like that. You could just switch to a console using CTRL-ALT-F3 and then CTRL-ALT-DEL will work the first time.