Re: Fedora 29 Silverblue Test Day 2018-09-20

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 11:18 PM, Sumantro Mukherjee
<sumukher@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> We have Silverblue Test Day coming up on 2018-09-20!
> Fedora Silverblue[0] is a new variant of Fedora Workstation with rpm-ostree at its core to provide fully atomic upgrades.
> Furthermore, Fedora Silverblue is immutable and upgrades as a whole, providing easy rollbacks from updates if something goes wrong.
> Fedora Silverblue is great for developers using Fedora with good support for container-focused workflows.
>
> Additionally, Fedora Silverblue delivers desktop applications as  Flatpaks.
> This provides better isolation / sandboxing of applications, and streamlines updating applications — Flatpaks can be safely updated without reboot.
>
> Next Thursday, September 20 2018, Team Silverblue and Fedora QA are holding a Test Day
> for users to try out and test this new Fedora Workstation variant.
>
> The wiki page[1] for the silverblue has a lot of good information on what and how to test.
> After you’ve done some testing, you can log your results in the test day web application[2].
>
> If you’re available on or around the day of the event, please do some testing and report your results.
>
> [0]https://silverblue.fedoraproject.org/
> [1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2018-09-20_Silverblue_Testday
> [2]http://testdays.fedorainfracloud.org/events/47
>
> Thanks
> //sumantro

Will there be install ISO files that have passed some kind of testing?
I've been installing Silverblue 28 (which works) and rebasing to
Silverblue 29 (which hangs in GDM on one of my machines).

--
Mastering DFS Analytics https://leanpub.com/masteringdfsanalytics

Markovs of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!