Re: Nvidia and Fedora current state

> What's the current state of Fedora with regard to Nvidia graphics hardware?
> Should it just work?
>
> On a machine with GeForce GTX 1060, Fedora 28 suffers badly from freezes and
> slowdowns during boot, unbearable slow mouse movement on the GDM login
> screen, then more freezes before GNOME Shell appears but isn't really
> usable because everything is slow as a snail. Switching the login settings
> from Wayland to Xorg at least results in a usable GNOME Shell. Installing
> the Nvidia driver packages from rpmfusion hasn't made a difference.

I'm running fedora 28 on a system with an nvidia GTX 1070, using the binary drivers from negativo17's repository - and I have no issues with that setup whatsoever. Installing the nvidia-driver and akmod-nvidia packages was enough to get it working flawlessly, and I haven't had to touch that setup since (except when testing too-new kernels).

Fabio