Duplicates and obsoletes problem

Hi,

I had an enforced "not able to upgrade Fedora Rawhide for too long" period.
On doing the updates, one of my four computers updated fine, the other three
however got into problems. They are now in a state where "dnf check-updates"
reports a number of obsoletes, but "dnf upgrade" says nothing to do, and
"dnf check" reports 2000+ duplicates. I am certain someone in the past told
me how to get out of this as I am fairly sure I had a not dissimilar
situation early last year. However, I cannot find the email that I am sure I
kept somewhere.

In desperation I tried "dnf remove --duplicates" and after downloading 2.3GB
it reports large numbers of dependency fails and does nothing.

I am confident there must be a way of solving this short of re-installation,
hopefully someone knows the magic I need to fix these three computers.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder     t:+44 20 7585 2200