Re: F28: problems to upgrade texlive-base from updates-testing

This could be the old problem of turning a directory into a file or
symlink, which unfortunately is not simple and requires a %protons
scriptlet.  Which of course has to be in Lua (as all %pretrans
scriptlets must be).
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Directory_Replacement

But looking closer, texlive-base doesn't provide /usr/share/texmf at
all; it's just now making a symlink for legacy purposes.  But for me,
that directory is very real and is provided by R-core.  (It's also
provided by an old version of texlive-base that was initially shipped
with F28.)

So.... I guess R-core needs to change to not provide that directory.
And texlive-base needs to grow the nasty Lua scriptlet to allow direct
upgrades from versions which provided /usr/share/texmf to the current
version where that is a symlink.  It doesn't matter that there's a
version in between which didn't have that directory, since we can never
assume that anyone upgraded to that version.

 - J<