Anyone else seeing weird TrackPoint behavior?

I have a system with which I use a Lenovo USB keyboard with a
trackpoint pointer -- the little red eraser mouse, as seen on the
laptops. I hadn't updated this system in a while (I admit; bad, I
know) and applied a big batch of updates (including from updates
testing). Now, whenever I touch the pointer stick, the cursor jumps to
the top left corner (0,0) and can't be moved from there. I plugged in
an external mouse and that looks fine. The `libinput list-devices`
command shows:

Device:           Lenovo ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard with TrackPoint
Kernel:           /dev/input/event10
Group:            8
Seat:             seat0, default
Capabilities:     keyboard pointer
Tap-to-click:     n/a
Tap-and-drag:     n/a
Tap drag lock:    n/a
Left-handed:      disabled
Nat.scrolling:    disabled
Middle emulation: disabled
Calibration:      n/a
Scroll methods:   *button
Click methods:    none
Disable-w-typing: n/a
Accel profiles:   flat *adaptive
Rotation:         n/a

There was a kernel update, but going back to an older version doesn't
solve it. I'm on Xorg on this system.

Any idea what might be going on, and what I can do about it? And, what
recent update might have caused this?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>