Re: Change in latest update – suspending

Hi,

Back after a period away.

On Thu, 2018-02-22 at 09:39 -0700, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
[…]

> This still leaves a question how you are going to modify that for
> gdm on a machine of a type "server - most of the time"? If I understood
> Russel correctly such setup is hugely affected.

It seems that if you login on the console (SSH over Ethernet is not enough)
then the GNOME settings are activated and suspend only happens on battery –
this is the situation I need ad have set. However, without login Fedora
Rawhide suspends after a short period, Debian id does not. I need to have
computers powered up and not logged in on the console, I login over SSH.
Debian gives me this Fedora does not.

I am guessing default GDM suspend settings are different in Debian and Fedora.
Debian works as I want to, Fedora does not. Of course, this may just be my
problem.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200