Re: Help test GNOME 3.28.0 megaupdate

On Fri, 2018-03-16 at 11:52 +0100, Kalev Lember wrote:

> I'd appreciate a lot if people could give it a quick spin and see if
> they can find anything that looks like a regression compared to the
> stable F28 images, and then we can further discuss this at the blocker
> review meeting on Monday.

The new version of Cantarell is, by its own authors admission, a
regression for all practical purposes:

<madigens[m]> adamw: thanks for the feedback :) cantarell's spacing
does indeed look a bit funky... in gtk3 and firefox. that's due to a
missing technical detail called "subpixel positioning". Spacing looks
more consistent in Qt apps and Chrome. there also isn't any kerning
yet, so things like AVA, To, etc. look gap-y

So, it looks fine...except in GTK+ 3 (i.e. basically all of
Workstation) and Firefox (Workstation's default browser).

That seems like a problem. :P (Never mind that it just chucks out
Cyrillic coverage, which the previous version had). Can we consider
sticking with the old one at least until it's clear if this will be
cleaned up in time for Final?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey