Re: Newcomer stuck

On Wed, 2018-03-14 at 11:39 +0000, Jesús Bermúdez wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry to bother, I got stuck.
>
> I'm running Fedora 27, kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.14.11-300.fc27.x86_64
> I have openqa-gru, openqa-webui and httpd running with one worker.
> I can access localhost and login and manage api keys or see the tests.
> I can generate a minimal image with createhdds.py minimal (only 10GB free)
>
> When I try to run
>
> $ sudo /usr/share/openqa/script/client isos post
> DISTRI=fedora
> VERSION=*
> FLAVOR=Minimal-raw_xz-raw.xz
> ARCH=arm
> HDD_1=fixed/disk_f27_minimal_2_x86_64.img
>

> I get an error:
>
> [debug] Error connecting to host <localhost>: IO::Socket::INET: connect:
> Connection     refused
> DIE can't open qmp: Connection refused at /usr/libexec/os-autoinst/backend/
> qemu.pm line 800.
>
> I have searched but no luck, I don't know what direction to take or how to
> fix it.
> Any help would be really appreciated
>
> BR
> Jesús Bermúdez Velázquez

Hi Jesus!

So, when openQA ultimately comes to run a test, what happens is this:
os-autoinst (the test runner) launches a qemu VM in which the test will
actually happen, then immediately tries to connect to it via qmp, which
is a sort of 'back-channel' monitoring protocol it can use to keep an
eye on the VM and also perform certain operations in it. The error
message is basically telling you that this connection is failing. There
isn't enough information to know why, but one possibility is that the
qemu run immediately fails and dies.

I can see a few things wrong with your 'post' attempt. The most obvious
is that we don't ever in fact 'post' the minimal x86_64 disk images
directly. These instead are attached to the tests via settings from the
templates, when they're actually needed.

You should only actually POST images *from a compose*. Typically you'd
post something like the Server DVD installer image, with the flavor
Server-dvd-iso , or a Workstation live image, with the flavor
Workstation-live-iso .

Also, you're specifying ARCH=arm but using an x86_64 image; this is
never going to work.

Are you trying to run 32-bit ARM, 64-bit ARM or 64-bit x86 tests, here?
What is the actual arch of your test system?

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey