Re: Rawhide XFCE problems?

On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 10:30:17 -0600,

This problem didn't happen on my home laptop, so it isn't a general XFCE issue. I need to look into this more on my end.

I'm seeing random crashes of applications when using a few different desktops, but not with gnome and not in VTs. The crashes don't always happen, just most of the time. If I keep starting the terminal app, eventually it will start. Once started it keeps running. Selinux status (enforcing, permissive or disabled) doesn't apper to matter. This happens on a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1603 v3 @ 2.80GHz, but not on an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2677M CPU @ 1.80GHz. I don't really know if this is a hardware difference or if some cache didn't properly get rebuilt during an update. I did try reinstalling all of the packages on the machine having problems and that didn't fix things. So far I haven't identified any obvious package updates that could be linked to the problem. I did see the problem on an rc4 kernel that didn't have the problem earlier, so I don't think it is do to a recent kernel update. Running firefox or seamonkey from a terminal window (once I get one) results in crashes, though core files aren't currently being saved. (At least not in my home directory.)

As an example I get this from firefox:
[bruno@cerberus ~]$ firefox
ExceptionHandler::GenerateDump cloned child 7260
ExceptionHandler::SendContinueSignalToChild sent continue signal to child
ExceptionHandler::WaitForContinueSignal waiting for continue signal...

And for seamonkey:
[bruno@cerberus ~]$ seamonkey
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

lynx and mutt work in the terminal window, so there seems to be some connection to graphics.

I have a radeon video card:
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Oland GL [FirePro W2100]
03:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7700/7800 Series]