Re: Rawhide XFCE problems?

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 13:20:07 -0500,
 Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 11:56:31AM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
Is anyone having problems running stuff in XFCE on Rawhide, probably
starting within the last two days, maybe after a reboot? Gnome seems
to work normally. I'm trying to guess what to revert and it's a pain
to just do the whole lot on rawhide since old packages drop out of
the repo right away. I was hoping someone else had already figured
out what needed to be reverted.

Can you be more specific about "problems running stuff"?

Several programs that are in my session start list (firefox, thunderbird, pidgin, rhythmbox, xfce terminal) don't get started. Manually starting stuff doesn't work either. I get an error message:
Failed to execute default Terminal Emulator.
Input/outout error.

Logging out works. Switching to VTs works. SELinux status doesn't appear to matter.

I haven't had a chance to test it at home yet. Things were working when I left, but I didn't do a reboot after updating to today's rawhide. I didn't see it at work until after I rebooted (though I didn't test logging out and back in before the reboot). I rebooted Tuesday, so it was probably an update for something in today's or yesterday's rawhide updates.