Re: F27 gnome-software updates failing

I've updated the bug with a systemd.log_level=debug journal.log. This
sheds some light on what's going on, but I don't understand it.

The gist is that gnome-software, when clicking and confirming Restart
& Update, is setting a symlink:

/system-update -> /var/lib/PackageKit/prepared-update

But somehow both dnf-system-upgrade.service and
packagekit-offline-update.service pick up on its presence and start
running. Packagekit starts doing the update, gets to about 6%
completion, dnf then injects itself and isn't happy with the payload,
goes failed, and initiates a reboot. I think that's the sequence.

But why is the same trigger being used for upgrades and updates? This
might actually be a dnf bug, not a systemd/pkofflineupdate bug.

But then why aren't more people having this problem? I can't think of
what's unique about my system that would cause this confusion.

---
Chris Murphy