Re: Fedora 27 Modular Server release validation

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 4:04 AM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>
> I'm usually the only one who edits the matrix templates anyway, but
> thought I'd note it just in case. Naturally, if you want to change the
> result pages for modular events, you edit the modular template pages,
> and vice versa. Server_modular_test_matrix exists but is just a
> redirect to Server_test_matrix , as we don't want those tables to
> differ at all. For Modular events, only Installation, Server and Base
> pages are created; Desktop and Cloud are not needed or relevant.
>
> The consumer should create a new event for a nightly compose as soon as
> one appears that has significant package differences from the Beta 1.5
> compose. Events for modular composes should be announced by email just
> as non-modular events are; the text of the email is of course adjusted
> slightly to distinguish between modular and non-modular events.
>
> openQA results should get forwarded to the wiki just as they do for
> non-modular composes (I have forwarded the results for Beta 1.5 to the
> wiki to test the mechanism, for future composes/events it should happen
> automatically).
>
> All the relval sub-commands now support operating on modular
> composes/events. So you can use relval to create modular events
> (though, again, normally the fedmsg consumer will do this for us
> automatically, no-one needs to do it manually), report results for
> modular composes, run the image size checks on modular composes, and do
> the user-stats and testcase-stats analysis for modular composes. For
> each sub-command, a new argument `--modular` is available which tells
> it to operate on a modular compose/event/set of events. For report-
> results, you can run just `relval report-results --modular` to report
> results for the current Modular validation event.
>
> You can find testcase_stats for 27 Modular at
> https://www.happyassassin.net/testcase_stats/27modular/ . This link
> will be included in announcement emails for Modular validation events.
>
> Updates are available for EPEL 7, Fedora 25, Fedora 26 and Fedora 27
> containing the updated relval, python-wikitcms and fedfind packages.
> I've just submitted these, so they should reach updates-testing
> shortly. If you want to use relval to report results for modular
> composes, you'll want to update to the new versions (fedfind 3.8.0,
> python-wikitcms 2.2.0, relval 2.2.0).
>
> Ultimately, for the Final phase of the Fedora 27 Modular Server
> release, we should be able to do release validation just as we do for
> regular releases.
>
> For now I've implemented all of this with two assumptions: we're only
> going to have this split 'regular / modular server' schedule for F27,
> and the modular composes won't have any bits we care about besides
> server bits. If either of those assumptions turns out to be wrong,
> we'll have to revisit this again.
>
> Please do drop me a line if you spot anything wrong/weird/broken-
> looking in any of this modular handling. Thanks!

Hi Adam,

just to provide you with a feedback - it looks great to me. I did a
raw check of the matrices, stats etc. and it all seems to be
consistent with the way we do regular releases.
So, thanks a lot for your work.

Regards,
Jan

--