Missing xfce work spaces -

Since yesterday I have only one "workspace" available. Xfce settins still indicates 12 available but can only access one of them, only one windowicon is displayed instead of the usual group of 12.

This is 27 beta updated daily, and I have been using it for several weeks instead of Fedora 26 with no problems until now. 26 and 27 are booted from separate drives so it is no surprise that 26, also updated, still works normally.

Any suggestion as to what may have gone wrong will be appreciated.

Bob