question to the move process (moving files from Windows directory to an external disk via Fedora)

Hi,
my system is a laptop (Acer Aspire E15 E5-571G, 1.7 GB, 8GB Ram) with Win 8.1 on the internal disk, Fedora 25/26/27 on an USB 3.0 Flash medium, an used internal SATA disk bought from Ebay (disk is OK) connected via an USB Adapter to an USB 2.0 port.
Data volume to be transferred about 30GB, transferrate between 20 to 40 MB/sec. The data are TV films size about 1 - 2 GB.
Problem with F25/26 by moving from Win 8.1 to the external disk about 10% of the films are not moved because of an move error, afterwards there it is not possible to copy the films anymore, possibly some leading bytes may be destroyed.
I want to try this with F27 Beta.
My question how error save are the packages concerned with the moving process from Win 8.1 to an external disk in this stage of F27 development, I don't want to corrupt my Win 8.1 system?
Kind regards