Re: Beta 1.5 and Virtualbox

On 10/02/17 16:38, Kamil Paral wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Alessio Ciregia <alciregi@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:alciregi@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     I'm unable to use Fedora 27 beta 1.5 in Virtualbox: the screen (inside the VM)
>     become black.
>     I've not spotted this issue in previous composes.
>     Someone is aware of this issue?
>

> Anyone who is able to reproduce this - either connect to such a system via ssh and
> inspect the journal, or wait a while and then reboot the system and inspect the
> journal of the previous boot. There should be some error messages in there. Please
> file a bug against kernel/gdm/gnome-shell/mutter (depending on what's in the logs,
> these are likely candidates) and post a bugzilla link here. I'll add it to
> CommonBugs and we'll have a look whether there's something we can fix on the Fedora
> side.

This is the Live Workstation image that fails to present anything.

I don't think ssh is available and certainly everything is gone when you reboot.

However, I have found that if I boot to multi-user mode by adding 3 to the boot
parameters I could then login as "liveuser" and use "startx" to get the GUI.

Do you think there is anything to collect at this point?

--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to speculate endlessly