Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 27 Branched 20170817.n.3 nightly compose nominated for testing

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The individual test result pages are:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_27_Branched_20170817.n.3_Installation

Hey,

I noticed that the page for network install only has the legacy method
(PXE). To make it work in the new world of UEFI I've been using iPXE
(which works fine with rawhide), but I didn't see a test-case for that.

Hence wondering if that was by mistake or if just nobody got to doing
it?

Thanks.

Hi Konrad,

nobody got to writing that. Basically we should add "x86_64 UEFI" column and https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Boot_Methods_Pxeboot description should get extended with instructions how to run a PXE supporting UEFI.

Unfortunately I don't have a real environment where I could test this. I wonder, could the virt-manager based approach be also used with UEFI VM, and verifying UEFI pxeboot functionality that way?