Re: 'No More Alphas': wiki revision drafts

On 08/22/2017 07:34 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 07:18:04PM +0530, Sudhir D wrote:
On a slightly different thought, if we run all existing Alpha
criteria tests in rawhide, we can then probably look at existing
Alpha blocker as Branch blocker.. i.e, we don't branch unless the
blockers are fixed and thereby keeping rawhide at Alpha quality all
the time. We might want to call 'Basic Release Criteria' as 'Basic
Branch Criteria'.
Hmmmm. I guess this would avoid needing to fix problems on both the
branch and rawhide. But, sometimes the fix should be different (e.g.
backport or quick fix on branch, update to new version or other long
term solution on rawhide).

Such fix must then be tracked separately for branched version.