Re: Is the rawhide repo broken?

On Mon, 2017-07-31 at 09:16 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Matthew Miller
> <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 05:00:02AM +0000, George R Goffe wrote:
> > > Any other ideas? Just wait for whomever to fix the packaging
> > > problems? I could write a bug if you think that might be a good thing
> > > to do.
> >
> > We're in the middle of doing a mass rebuild, and it's not surprising
> > that rawhide is temporarily broken.
>
> Actually the mass rebuild happens on a side tag, but the rawhide being
> broken is likely due to the ppc64le binutils/glibc mess

Well, one specific problem mentioned was actually due to the Boost
version bump. A lot of things depend on Boost, including LibreOffice,
and rebuilding LibreOffice is never much fun (it takes something like
20 hours to build, I believe).

It looks like both the first attempt to rebuild LO for the Boost bump,
and the mass rebuild attempt to build it, failed:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=921574
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=928814

so LO will certainly still have broken deps in current Rawhide, and
that will remain the case until a successful rebuild is done. Other
things may also not yet have been successfully rebuilt against the new
Boost.

The first LO build failed on ppc64le (which may have been due to the
known issue in ppc64le builds that was recently fixed), and s390x
(which failure I can't immediately tell the cause of - it failed
because some file 'does not exist'). The mass rebuild build looks to
have failed on the same arches in much the same way.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey