Re: openQA failures caused by arch mismatch

> On Wed, 2017-07-26 at 16:17 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Hi, folks! This is just a heads-up for anyone who's been watching the
> > openQA test results for an update, or something, and been confused.
> >
> > A few days ago we added a new ppc64 openQA worker host box; ultimately
> > we're aiming to enable some of the openQA tests to run on ppc64 as well
> > as x86_64 and i686. Unfortunately, it seems that openQA's protection
> > against running jobs on workers of the wrong arch isn't working
> > properly in our configuration, and since then, openQA has tried to run
> > quite a lot of x86_64 jobs on ppc64 workers, which of course doesn't
> > work at all (it blows up immediately because qemu-kvm isn't available,
> > in point of fact, but it could go wrong for *all kinds* of other
> > reasons too!)
> >
> > I'm just now putting a change in place which should prevent this
> > happening again, and will try to re-run the tests for all updates which
> > were affected by this. I do apologize for the bogus failures.
>
> Oh, while I'm at it: you'll also currently get a perfect set of openQA
> failures for *any* Fedora 24 update. This is because the base disk
> images for Fedora 24 aren't there any more; I wrote the script that
> looks after the disk images to only keep images for the last two stable
> releases around, and forgot about the one-month transition period at
> the start of a cycle when there are still updates for the last *three*
> stable releases. I'll try and figure out something to do about this too
> (it should be possible). Again, sorry for the bogus failures.

Re-runs of all the bogus failures for the ppc64 issue are complete.
I've now tweaked the disk image script so that the F24 base disk images
are available again, and have re-scheduled the tests for all F24
updates, so those are running now. Again, sorry for any inconvenience.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey