Re: GNOMEShell top bar

On 06/16/2017 10:06 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
Some time in the last 4 or 6 weeks a GNOMEShell update has changed the
behaviour of the top bar: it seems dynamic top bar is now built in, not
an extension, and I would really like to switch it off and have the
always black top bar.

I appreciate that this is not a Fedora issue per se, but that dynamic
top bar is beginning to get very irritating.

I've never heard of that, but have you checked in the Gnome tweak tool if there's a setting for that?