Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 26 Candidate Beta-1.4 Available Now!

On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 04:28 +0000, rawhide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> According to the schedule [1], Fedora 26 Candidate Beta-1.4 is now
> available for testing. Please help us complete all the validation
> testing! For more information on release validation testing, see:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan

So sorry for the short testing time, but there is some chance we could
sign off on this one at the go/no-go meeting tomorrow, so please do
help us get through all the Beta tests if you have some spare time!
Looking at testcase_stats, I see these tests which have not been run
for a while:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_install_to_firmware_RAID -
has never been run for F26; I have a box with an HW RAID adapter but
it's not booting at present :( If anyone else has one, please help out!

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_save_traceback_to_bugzilla -
not run since Fedora-26-20170513.n.0

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_save_traceback_to_bugzilla -
not run since Fedora-26-20170504.n.1

Aside from that, Beta 1.4 includes a new anaconda version with an FE
fix and a couple of minor changes, so it'd be good to run as many
installer tests as we can, and particularly if folks can experiment
with selecting and de-selecting add-ons in the package selection screen
it'd be great - please check not just that it *looks* like it's
working, but that it actually *does* what you requested (e.g. try
selecting three add-ons, de-selecting two, then re-selecting one, and
check that only the correct two are installed...).

Thanks a lot everyone!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey