Re: What is Everything boot

On Sat, 2017-05-13 at 20:43 +0200, Alessio Ciregia wrote:
> Excuse my question, but I'm pretty new in the Fedora community, so I'm
> still not very practical with terminology.
>
> What is Everything boot? What is the difference between Everything boot
> and, in example, Workstation boot?

It's a generic network install image - 'generic' in the sense sgallagh
explained, it doesn't use any Fedora flavor-specific configuration
(like Server or Workstation), so it gets all the anaconda defaults.

The other network install images use the configuration for the flavor
they come from - Server, Workstation and Cloud. So the Server one
defaults to XFS partitions, for instance. They also have Flavor
branding.

Each of them lets you install any package set; there was an idea a
while ago that the Server netinst would only let you install the Server
packages, but no-one was super keen on that.

The Everything netinst is the one we show most prominently on the
download page, I think. The others are a bit hidden.

FWIW, I'd say the most 'important' images to test are the Workstation
live, Server DVD, Everything boot and KDE live.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey