Re: Welcome to the "test" mailing list

On Thu, 2017-05-04 at 00:14 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On 3 May 2017 at 23:11, Samuel Sieb <samuel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 05/03/2017 12:26 PM, stan wrote:
> >
> > > On Wed, 3 May 2017 15:42:08 +0000
> > > "Calle Loja, Darwin Augusto" <dacalle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > 'help'
> > > >

> > > with the word 'help' in the subject or body (don't include the
> > > quotes),
> > >

> > And equally important, send it to the right email address (not the list):
> > test-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > I would have assumed that just replying to the original email would have
> > gone to the right address.  Is that messed up?
> >

> Which part of "don't include the quotes" did you not understand?

Please do not use that tone on this list. We follow the code of conduct
here:

https://getfedora.org/code-of-conduct

There's no need for that kind of disrespectful wording.

In fact, the joke's on you, because you entirely missed Samuel's point.
As Samuel correctly noted, regardless of whether the quotes were
included or not, if Calle was trying to get the automated 'help'
message from the list software, the mail was sent to the wrong place:
it should have been sent to test-request@ , not test@.

Calle, if you'd like to interact with the list software, send your mail
to test-request@ not test@ :) Mails sent to test@ go to the list itself
and are received by all other subscribers. Welcome to the group!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey