fc27 - printing (respectively CUPS)

Hi once again!

Out of my last trials with fc27 (after many desperate days of no-go today having been successful on getting a working system installed by stepping from Workstation-Live over live installation to setting up xfce afterwords) I think there's still a long list of things to do. So for the next three months one may hardly await any result that's really useful. Doesn't matter so far for fc26 really amazes - good work, already at current state! However, this time I feel obliged to give some certain hint that in my opinion cannot be noticed early enough:

Although the recognition of a printer - be it connected what way ever - still happens fast and securely and there's even information about remaining toner or ink available printing commands seem to never reach the device. I could only catch the message "Processing - src = bidiCommon.c, line = 349, err = 0YnDEBUG2: prtMarkerSuppliesLevel.1.1 = 7" (In that message the 'Y' char here stands for the twice crossed non printable figure).

This is an issue not only seen on Fedora but especially on all Debian derived distros (including Ubuntu) from current Stretch/Sid or Ubuntu 16.10 on and therefore is most probably the result of the implementation of one of the last CUPS versions. Fedora, however, up to fc26 has always presented itself as most reliable whenever asked for connecting peripheral hardware at all and I love it for and I don't want it to change that behavior: That's the reason I want to tell you this special problem here in time, so that maintainers perhaps can decide to have CUPS on fc27 better fall back to the version last known good.

O.k., I hereby admit my printer isn't everybody's: a Canon i-sensys LBP7100Cn color laser requiring Canon's UFR2lt driver consisting of the "cndrvcups-common" and the "cndrvcups-ufr2lt" module to get installed from .rpm or .deb files. Though, I'm repeating there has never been any problem with integrating that partly proprietary software into CUPS up to fc26, openSUSE Leap 42.2 and even Tumbleweed, Ubuntu 16.04 and Mint 18.1, and I love that printer because of it's excellent quality! I just wonder at Debian which is indeed shipping with a bad CUPS integration just before introducing Stretch as stable ...

Be the Ancients with Ye,
Gary