Re: Umask in Fedora 26 ?

PG> For some reason, my setting in .bash_profile is no longer being
PG> honoured in Fedora 26! Why?

Is this from an application running from:

* A desktop session?  (Which one? And what display manager?)
* A terminal window opened from within a desktop session?  (Which terminal program?)
* A text console login?
* An ssh session?

I know there has been work ongoing to get the user's shell out of the
desktop login path, which would mean that setting something in
.bash_profile or .zprofile or whatever isn't going to make any
difference to programs which spawn from a desktop session.  It also
means that .bash_profile/.zprofile won't ever be read if your terminal
program doesn't start the shells as login shells.

I would assume there would be some other way to set a per-user umask
setting (here I need either 007 or 077 depending) but I have no idea
what it would be.

 - J<