That Anaconda strangles itself!

With all due respect:

I think I'm not alone at all when saying RedHat/Fedora should bravely start entertaining the idea to drop Anaconda and replace it by something already established as far more mature, even if - at least partly - lent from other distributions or Linux branches: Regarded the current stage of the overall Linux evolution, Anaconda already appears pretty mesolithic somehow like Fred Flintstone's family had run their vehicle! Setting up a software collection may fairly fail from time to time, but particularly recognition and modifying of disk partitions seems left that otherworldly an observer can't help but continually shaking his head.

Focusing on an installer operating from lower level rather than in a live system, there may be recommended the coding of Debian as well as the excellent product of SUSE. Oh, I know: No other distribution performers will ever like SUSE, and it's certainly no hazard that all those numerous GRUB implementations never recognize a nearby installed SUSE system but it's own boot loader! I strongly suppose the consumers' and testers' community are well aware of that mad enmity, but this phenomenon stands completely against any intention of getting Linux as a whole thing further onward. Oh, those damned vanities!

At least, there shouldn't whole seasons of rain flow down the Mississippi before landing another composition of Rawhide just able to reaching any login screen: Would only a two weeks be o.k.?

Be the Ancients with ye,
Gary