Re: Rawhide-20170125.n.0: My son, my son, what have you done?!

On Thu, 2017-01-26 at 17:38 +0100, GERHARD GOETZHABER wrote:
> A two months ago I had to interrupt using Fedora at all because
> coincidentally with the introduction of kernel 4.9 not only Rawhide but
> even fc25 (Why not having at least continued operating THAT edition on
> 4.8?) hadn't any more got together with KDE. Recently I said to me well,
> give it another chance. So I installed Rawhide with Xfce, this indeed
> having been working prettily - till yesterday's update: "Ooops!" after
> reboot again and again, endlessly filling the whole screen but without
> any declared reason!
>
> PLEASE, can't you only make it work well on Xfce?
>
> Desperately hopeful for next updates, and be the Ancients with Ye,

Yep, Rawhide is pretty broken ATM. openQA has been catching several
bugs. Having said that, if what you're seeing is a bunch of kernel OOPS
on startup, that sounds like something hardware specific as openQA
(which tests on VMs) isn't running into that specific problem. Could
you possibly capture the oops somehow and file a bug against the
kernel? Thanks!

Note, the policy for updating the kernel in stable releases (and the
reason we do it) is explained at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelRebases
--
Adam Williamson