F25, transfer of files to external disk not stable enough

Hi,
I am frequently transferring files (mp4 films) from the internal laptop disk to an usb connected external disk. F24 - stable file transferring (about 80GB in about 1 hour), Win 8.1 worse then F24, F25 worse then Win 8.1, F25 and Windows 8.1 frequently break down of the "connection", stable only for transferring of 10 - 15 GB, then break down of the connection, had to reboot the system, to get the cut and copy process again to run, that's my last experience. My system Fedora on an usb 3.0 flash medium, Win 8.1 on the internal laptop disk, external disk (sata 200GB) usb 2.0 connected, with usb-sata/pata adapter. File transfer is made from the laptop internal disk to the external usb 2.0 connected disk (ntfs formatted). Is this worthwhile to investigate? If yes, please tell me, which logs I should do.
Kind regards