Re: [Test-Announce] Re: Fedora 25 Candidate RC-20161119.3 Available Now!

On Sun, 2016-11-20 at 09:28 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sat, 2016-11-19 at 18:16 -0800, rawhide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > According to the schedule [1], Fedora 25 Candidate RC-20161119.3 is
> > now
> > available for testing. Please help us complete all the validation
> > testing! For more information on release validation testing, see:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan
>
> Dagnabbit, this shouldn't be happening. Excuse me while I go beat the
> robot over the head with a wrench, or something. Please don't run
> tests
> for this or 'RC-20161120.0'. I have no idea why the robot thinks
> there
> are new RC composes, there aren't.

Hah, so this turns out to be quite funny. relvalconsumer (the fedmsg
consumer that creates validation events) will create a validation event
for any candidate compose - in productmd terms, a 'production' compose
- for the next release. Sensible, right? We always want events for
those.

Except 24 is still technically the current release so 25 is the 'next'
release, and we just flipped the two-week Atomic composes over from 24
to 25, apparently. The two-week Atomic composes are done as
'production' composes not actually as 'nightly' composes by releng (I
think so they don't get pre-release warnings, or something). So the bot
sees them as 'candidate composes for the next release' and creates a
validation event.

This didn't happen last cycle as we weren't doing the two-week Atomic
composes with Pungi 4 back then.

I'll fix relvalconsumer, and delete the spurious validation events.
Sorry for the mess.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey