Re: Installation validation test change proposal: merge USB tests into 'default boot and install', add more environment columns

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 08:58:43AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Well, that's not the only consideration though. There's two other
> factors I can think of:
> 1) Are there still cases where an admin would want to use optical media
> on a machine that *could* boot via USB, for legitimate reasons? (I
> genuinely don't know the answer to this).

I can't think of in the Fedora case. I can image some situations where
install media is mandated to be read-only, but I doubt it's Fedora
being installed in those situations. The only other one I can think of
is "we've always done it that way", which I guess shouldn't be taken
completely for granted.

> 2) What do we do about handouts (giving away media at conferences)?

This is already a problem. We're giving away DVDs because it's
something to give away, not because it's what people really still want.
We need to find out some other take-homes that people find
useful and desirable *anyway*.

Based on feedback from Ambassadors, DVD images may still be useful
giveaways in regions with less access to bandwidth. I'm not sure what
to do about that.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>