Re: Reopen bugs closed with resolution ERRATA?

On Wed, 2016-09-21 at 18:40 +0000, Joachim Frieben wrote:
> The page BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow displays the work flow which
> applies to a Fedora bug. However, no policy is given about reopening
> a closed bug. At the bottom of the page, the reader is referred to "A
> Bug's Life Cycle" for further information. Here, we read
>
> "CLOSED
> This bug fix has been resolved by the Assigned Engineer. The CLOSED
> state includes the resolution field which describes why a bug report
> is closed. See Resolution descriptions. If the CLOSED resolution
> ERRATA is set, the bug report cannot be reopened. Instead, enter a
> new bug report for a new problem."
>
> The expression "cannot be reopened" is ambiguous. Now, some of my
> bugs closed with resolution ERRATA have been reopened by other users.
> Is this procedure allowed or should indeed a new bug be created
> instead which is what I was doing in the past?

That text really doesn't apply to Fedora at all. It's a RHEL
consideration. We should probably reconsider having the link at all, or
at least have stronger wording about the fact that the 'Bug's Life
Cycle' page is only very partially applicable to Fedora...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey