Re: Self-introduction: Craig MacEachern

cmaceachern@xxxxxxx:
> Greetings folks,
>
> I'm interested in helping out QA to get myself more involved with the
> *nix ecosystem I've used for many years. I have no prior QA experience,
> but I am excited to learn!
>
> My story:
> Learned computing back in the DOS and BBS days (still love the King's
> Quest and point-and-click genre of games). Discovered *nix around mid
> 90s, but had so many problems even getting X to run (from what I
> remember, there were ACPI issues and the infamous wireless drivers
> issues). Got more serious about *nix in the mid 2000s when Ubuntu was
> taking off. Ubuntu expanded my horizons and led me to discover Fedora. I
> stick with Fedora as the sysadmin aspect of it carries over nicely into
> most corporate environments with either RedHat or CentOS deployments.
>
> Credentials/experience in sysadmin/programming:
> * I use, and maybe abuse, CentOS 6.x and 7.x on work servers daily. I do
> light sysadmin/devops stuff (running an internal wiki, running
> bash/python scripts)
> * I run Fedora 24 at home as my daily driver.
> * Passed the Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator course a
> couple years ago. It just lapsed last month and I don't feel like
> shelling out another $300 to do the exam again and re-certify.
> * Several years programming experience, self-taught through online
> course, books, articles, etc. Experience developing python GUI apps with
> both QT and Tk, and homebrew games with SDL and C. Other languages
> sprinkled here and there over the years (PHP/MySQL, QBasic!).
>
> Fun facts: I have a Master of Library Science degree and an English
> degree. Greatly regret not doing computer science, but seems to have
> worked out okay regardless. Hobies are wood working and brazilian
> jiu-jitsu.
>
> Thanks everyone, and nice to meet you all!
>
> Craig MacEachern, aka saltycraig
>
> cmaceachern@xxxxxxx
> SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.org
> --
Craig,
Welcome to the ML.

I trust you have found the release validation pages [0][1]

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/SOP_Release_Validation_Test_Event

Hope to see you around in meetings and the ML in the coming weeks and
months..

--
Corey Sheldon
+1 310.909.7672

Disclaimer: All correspondence shall be deemed privileged and
confidential unless otherwise stated in the contents of respective
correspondence.  All emails ARE signed with at least one of the keys
shown above. Any email or correspondence lacking such shall be regarded
as suspect. The key signed or encrypted with IS ALWAYS attached as a
$keyid.asc, $keyid.sig, or included in the attached csv file. If this
correspondence has reached you in error please disregard it and it is
kindly requested that a return email with a simple subject 'Miss-routed
mail, please remove me' shall be sufficient. GPG mail is openly and
freely solicited.