Re: Testing idea: kernel 4.7 for Fedora 23 / Fedora 24

Adam Williamson composed on 2016-08-30 23:19 (UTC-0700):

Hi folks! Just thought I'd send out a testing idea for anyone who's
looking for something they can do.

We currently have kernel 4.7 in updates-testing for Fedora 23 and
Fedora 24:

23 - https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-f1adaaadc6
24 - https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-2e5ebfed6d

it's always good to get new kernel releases tested on as much hardware
as possible, so if you haven't done it yet, please try updating the
kernel on any machines you have running Fedora 23 or 24. This command
should do it:

dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing update kernel*

I just tried that on F24, and it wanted to update to 4.6.7-300, not 4.7.2, so I answered n.

then you can reboot, and check if all your hardware and your normal use
of the system works OK with the new kernel. If it does, give positive
feedback for the update; if not, file a bug and give negative feedback
for the update, with a link to your bug report. Testing kernel updates
is nice and safe, because even if it doesn't work well, you can just
reboot and pick an older kernel from the boot menu - Fedora will always
keep three kernels installed, so you have a fallback if the newest one
doesn't work right.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/