From: Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Aug 31, 2016 8:19 am
Subject: Testing idea: kernel 4.7 for Fedora 23 / Fedora 24

Hi folks! Just thought I'd send out a testing idea for anyone who's looking for something they can do. We currently have kernel 4.7 in updates-testing for Fedora 23 and Fedora 24: 23 - https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-f1adaaadc6 24 - https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-2e5ebfed6d it's always good to get new kernel releases tested on as much hardware as possible, so if you haven't done it yet, please try updating the kernel on any machines you have running Fedora 23 or 24. This command should do it: dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing update kernel* then you can reboot, and check if all your hardware and your normal use of the system works OK with the new kernel. If it does, give positive feedback for the update; if not, file a bug and give negative feedback for the update, with a link to your bug report. Testing kernel updates is nice and safe, because even if it doesn't work well, you can just reboot and pick an older kernel from the boot menu - Fedora will always keep three kernels installed, so you have a fallback if the newest one doesn't work right. Thanks everyone! :) Just as a quick note on other testing topics: for Fedora 25 validation, we'll start getting nightly composes 'nominated' for testing again soon, working towards the Beta release; Beta freeze is 2016-09-27, so a month or so to go before we start thinking about Beta RCs. The Fedora 25 Test Days should also be starting up soon - Sumantro is away right now, but I expect we'll start seeing announcements soon, so look out for those! And of course, we can always test updates (not just the kernel updates) for 23, 24 and 25. Happy testing :) -- test mailing list test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx