lock screen phantom typing

More Gnome problems:

For the second time, I came back to my F24 Gnome workstation at the
lock screen this morning, and I was unable to type my password to
unlock the screen because some phantom keyboard input was continuously
entering characters into the password field.  If I typed backspace, it
deleted the characters, but more characters continued to appear.

Anyone else seeing this problem?