Helping out with Quality Assurance testing

I have time, I have some skills, and I have a desire to do some Q/A testing.

But Justin Flory's posting  https://fedoramagazine.org/getting-involved-fedora-quality-assurance/
was of deep interest to me.

What are the required qualifications of a tester (analyst)?

My background is with about 10 years with Fedora as developer and end-user. I have mainframe (IBM), AIX, various Unix and Linux system experience as sysadmin, ERP developer and much more re following regimented testing schemes.