Re: DRPMs

On Tue, 2016-06-28 at 12:26 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> > […]
>
> I don't believe drpms are generated for rawhide.  I'm not sure they
> ever
> have been.

DRPMs were generated in the past (not quite sure when they stopped,
possibly when f25 started). They make running updated Rawhide feasible
since it can be updated nightly. Without DRPM I can only sensible
update on a Saturday.

> RW> Does this mean that the DRPM system is being abandoned?
>
> Do you not see drpms being generated for all of the release branches?
> (I certainly do.)  If so, how could you come to the conclusion that
> drpms are being abandoned?

I haven't really looked. I am not that interested in versioned systems
that undergo revolutionary change every n months, I want a rolling
release. Hence Rawhide and Sid. People keep telling me I should run
Arch but so far I have resisted.

--

Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@xxxxxxxxx