Re: Self-introduction: Alan Ernhart

<snipped>
> I learned alot in that process, so would like to contribute back as I can.
> There are many places one can jump into open source these days, but Fedora's
> on my main screen, so it's the logical place. And I've long been impressed
> with the Four Foundations.
>
> Thanks for doing great work in the foundations of FOSS.
>
> Alan
>
> IRC/FAS: aernhart

Hey Alan

Thanks a lot for sending out your email, here is how you can start off right away!

You can always start reading https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join.
Since, I see you already have FAS account , you can go ahead with release validation test[1] by grabbing an iso image from [2] and running test cases from [3] for reference you can read [4]. As Fedora 24 is releasing in less than 24 hrs , release validation testing will be a bit quieter , although by next week we will have our first Fedora 25 nightly nominated for Release Validation!

Other than the above , you can always start update testing for Fedora 24 Updates, by grabbing the same .iso mentioned above or by upgrading your existing Fedora 23 using instruction here [5] . After a upgrade or fresh Fedora 24 install you can start off by going to [6] and sign in using your FAS account , following the instruction at [7] will help you run update testing , for reference you can read [8].

We are planning to have a Fedora QA onboarding hangout call, let me know if you are interested in participating.

Should you have any question or issues , feel free to shoot me a mail!

[1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan
[2]https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/24_RC-1.2/
[3]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_24_RC_1.2_Summary?rd=Test_Results:Current_Summary
[4]https://fedoramagazine.org/release-validation-testing-fedora/