Re: Rawhide, Systemd, and Samba

On Thu, 26 May 2016 10:42:39 +0100
Russel Winder <russel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Systemd is currently blocked from upgrading for me due to a problem
> with a samba dependency. Trying to remove the Samba dependency so as
> to do the upgrade indicates that gdm and much of GNOME Shell would be
> removed – clearly not an option.

It's already been rebuilt a while ago, but rawhide composes have been
failing so the fixed samba version isn't yet in repos. You could get it
from koji or just wait for the next completed compose.

> Is it really the case that Samba is so hard wired into the Fedora
> package dependencies?

Sure, otherwise the deps wouldn't be there. ;)

samba uses (optiionally) systemd logging.
samba libs are linked to by a lot of things to provide samba support.

kevin