Re: systemd/sendmail problem - seeking help

On 05/26/16 17:26, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm running Fedora-24(beta)/KDE,
> and sendmail/email (through KMail) is failing.
> When I try to send email I get the warning "Failed to transmit message",
> and journalctl has the entry
> "sendmail.service: PID file /run/sendmail.pid not readable (yet?)
>   after start:  No such file or directory".
>
> I've checked, and sendmail.pid is in place:
> ==================
> [tim@william ~]$ sudo cat /run/sendmail.pid
> 2829
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q1h
> ==================
>
> Googling for this journalctl entry,
> I see people have been encountering the same problem for years.
> But I haven't seen any solution offered.
> Several of the comments suggest that it is a systemd problem.
>
> If anyone can offer advice, or even elucidation, I should be most grateful.

I don't think the journal entry about the pid file is related to being able to send
messages via KMail.

I'm currently not using sendmail or KMail.  But just for fun I installed sendmail and
indeed that message appears one time when sendmail is started.

However, not wanting to mess with KMail, I simply did a "telnet" to port 25 and manually
sent a message using the "mail from:" "rcpt to:" smtp commands and sent mails without
difficultly.

So, it seems more like a KMail issue to me.

--
You're Welcome Zachary Quinto