Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 24 Branched 20160518.n.0 nightly compose nominated for testing

On Wed, 2016-05-18 at 11:04 -0700, rawhide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Announcing the creation of a new nightly release validation test event
> for Fedora 24 Branched 20160518.n.0. Please help run some tests for this
> nightly compose if you have time. For more information on nightly
> release validation testing, see:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan

In case anyone was wondering why this hadn't happened for a while,
turns out there's a bug in hawkey:

https://github.com/rpm-software-management/libhif/issues/125

which makes it think 4.0.14-3 is lower than 4.0.7-1, for some reason.
So the bot thought the pungi package in current nightlies was older
than the pungi package in Beta-1.6, which makes it refuse to create an
event (this is intended to prevent creating an event for a nightly
because the 'package versions are different' when the candidate compose
has a *newer* package that was pulled in through the side tag).

So every day it decided not to create a new event because it thought
the nightlies had an older package than Beta. I fixed it to use a
different EVR comparison function which isn't broken. Sorry for the
trouble! Let's get going on Final validation.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey