Re: F23 Brightness reduces itself, this problem also in F24?

On 17 May 2016 at 22:33, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Settings > Power > Automatic brightness = On is the problem.

This is probably my doing, I added the feature for F23 IIRC.

> On my system it'll even go to the last setting and turn the
> display off as the room gets dark.

So setting the panel to 0% is a bug that sounds like one that's
already fixed. What hardware is this?

> It works better On than Off for daytime cloud fluctuations. But as the
> day transitions into night, the reduction in screen brightness is too
> aggressive.

So this is where the "minimum configuration" in GNOME kinda hurts;
it's hard to pick an adaptive algorithm (or rather, coefficients for
an algorithm) that works for everyone. If your hardware is supported,
can you turn off the support in g-c-c and install the "ColorHug
Backlight Utility" -- don't be scared of the name, it should support
other sensors as well. There you can tweak the numbers, although we
can't actually "set" them anywhere for GNOME to use. I'd be interested
in knowing what values you settle on for your hardware.

Thanks,

Richard.