Re: Fedora 24-20160424.n.0 compose check report

On Mon, 2016-04-25 at 01:31 +0000, Fedora compose checker wrote:
> Missing expected images:
>
> Workstation live i386
> Cloud_base raw-xz i386
> Workstation live x86_64
>
> Failed openQA tests: 3/59 (x86_64), 14/16 (i386)

So the i386 Server DVD test passed today! Yay! The kernel bug is gone.

All the i386 network install tests failed because (I think) of a kinda-
interesting timing issue I've noticed in the last few days. openQA
fires up when the compose completes, i.e. when Pungi finishes building
the compose and it's finished on kojipkgs. It takes ~20 minutes after
*that* for the compose to be synced to dl.fp.o (from where openQA
network install tests get their packages). Especially with the new
worker host, we can start firing off jobs really pretty fast; so it
seems that often some or all of the network install tests fire up and
grab packages before the sync is done, so they test the correct
*installer image* but the *packages* they get are actually from the
previous compose.

So what happened to those tests was the install worked (because the 32-
bit kernel bug is gone in today's compose) but the installed system
didn't boot (because it got a kernel from yesterday's compose, when it
still didn't work).

I'm gonna...figure out something to do about that, I guess (it's not
entirely simple). For now, the tests should pass on the *next* compose
even if this happens again.

There is still at least one real i686 bug, too - KDE still doesn't
start up right on i686, it just hangs at a black screen, see
https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/14297 ;. There's already a bug
report on that, I'll dig it up and report that it's still happening,
and tag it openqa.

On the x86_64 side, the KDE test fails were a needle issue we actually
fixed but I hadn't pushed out to the prod openqa instance yet (we
should probably give it a cron job or a timer unit or something to pull
git every so often, at the moment it only gets done when the ansible
playbook is run). The 'services start' test failure is still the same
one from a few days ago, I didn't manage to look into it yet.

Workstation live compose just lost the live image compose bug lottery,
we still haven't fixed that bug yet...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey