Re: DNF and https

On Sun, 2016-04-10 at 18:59 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-04-10 at 11:35 -0400, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> >
> > Can you try this?
> >
> > SSLCertificateFile    /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.russel.org.uk/cert.pe
> > SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.russel.org.uk/privkey
> > .pem
> > SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.russel.org.uk/fullc
> > hain.pem

> Well that made a huge difference. Does this mean I just missed this
> third line?

What would actually be 'most correct' is just:

SSLCertificateFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.russel.org.uk/fullchain.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.russel.org.uk/privkey.pem

What the server should make available (in current standard practice) is
the full chain of certificates from the CA to its own certificate.
Apache since 2.4.8 lets you do this simply by specifying
SSLCertificateFile as a single chain file containing all those
certificates - which is what letsencrypt's 'fullchain.pem' is.

In older Apaches you could only specify a full chain as
SSLCertificateChainFile (and I believe you had to specify the server
cert as SSLCertificateFile and the chain from issuing CA to root CA as
SSLCertificateChainFile), but from 2.4.8 onwards you can just provide
the entire chain as SSLCertificateFile and this technically obsoletes
the use of SSLCertificateChainFile , though for now Apache will still
accept it.

See https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcertificatefile .
--
Adam Williamson