Re: F24 Alpha 1.7 Desktop - Grub boot menue, not possible to start Win 8.1

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Joerg Lechner <julechner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> the system is an Acer Laptop E5-571G-50K9, UEFI, Windows 8.1 on the
> harddisk, F24 Desktop Alpha 1.7 on an usb flash medium.
> Kind regards

Check if the firmware is up to date. There are plenty of UEFI bugs
about. And if it is already, or the out of memory message still
happens after updating firmware, I suggest filing a bug with all
available information: screenshot of error, make/model, and firmware
revision. I don't think this is Secure Boot related.

However, I just noticed that the error message includes a path to the
Windows bootloader. This was chainloading the Windows bootloader from
GRUB? The easiest work around is to use the firmware's boot manager as
AdamW suggested. If you want to deep dive, you'd need to build GRUB2
from git and see if you can reproduce.

--
Chris Murphy